Last modified: May 6th, 2021
This policy applies to information we collect on our Website, in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and our Website, Systems, and Applications, and when you interact with our digital advertising on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
This policy does not apply to information collected by any healthcare providers that we contract with, including those employed by Quilted Health Professional Corporation, or any third party that may link to or be accessible from our Website, Systems, and Applications.
1. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, Systems, and Applications specifically:
- personally identifiable information, such as name, postal address, billing address, work address, shipping address, e-mail address, home, work, and mobile telephone numbers, driver’s license number, date of birth, and some health/medical information (“Personal Data”); and/or
- information about you that is not personally identifiable, such as web traffic data, location data, IP addresses, logs, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to our Website or use of our Systems, error information, clickstream data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website or through our Systems; and/or
- information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website or use our Systems and usage details.
We collect this information directly from you when you provide it, automatically as you navigate through the Website or use our Systems and Applications, and from third parties.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website or through our Systems and Applications includes:
- information that you provide to use by directly filling in forms;
- records and copies of your correspondence if you contact us, including email addresses;
- responses to surveys and questionnaires.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, Systems, and Applications we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- details of your visits to our Website, Systems, and Applications such as traffic data, location data, logs, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to our Website, error information, clickstream data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website or in the System; and
- Information about your computer, mobile device, and internet connection, specifically your IP address, operating system, device type, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include Personal Data or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Data we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our technology and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- verify your location to ensure we can provide you with our services;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our services according to your individual interests;
- recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies. A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device. On your computer, you may refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser, and you may have similar capabilities on your mobile device in the preferences for your operating system or browser. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our Website or use certain parts of our Systems and Applications.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website, and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons that permit the counting of users who have visited those pages, used those screens, or opened an email and for other related website and system statistics.
- Analytics Tools. We use tools such as Google Analytics to collect certain information relating to your use of the Website and/or Systems. Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer or phone, to help us analyze how users use the site. We may also use Google Analytics Advertising Features or other advertising networks to provide you with interest-based advertising based on your online activity.
2. How We Use Your Information
- to present our Website and its contents to you;
- to provide you with information or services that you request from us;
- to create De-Identified Data such as aggregate statistics relating to the use of our services;
- to notify you about changes to our Website, Systems, Applications, or any products or services we offer or provide though them;
- to promote our services to you;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide us Personal Data;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose for which you give us authorization.
We also may use how you browse and shop in order to show you ads for Quilted Health.
3. Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose Personal Data that we collect or you provide as follows, subject to the health information restrictions in the Notice of Privacy Practices:
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to contractors and third-party service providers that we use to support our business and who are contractually bound to keep your Personal Data confidential;
- to a company we merge, acquire, or that buys us, or in the event of change in structure of our company of any form;
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Quilted Health, our customers, or others;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- with your consent.
4. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Data you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with control over your Personal Data:
- Promotional Offers from Quilted Health. If you do not wish to have your email address used by Quilted Health to promote our services, you can opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email or other marketing communications you receive from us. This opt out does not apply to information provided to Quilted Health as a result of your use of our services.
- You may prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on from .
- Targeted Advertising. We use or partner with ad networks that may use your browsing activity across participating websites to show you interest-based advertisements on those websites. To learn more about interest-based advertisements and your opt-out rights and options, visit the Digital Advertising Alliance and the Network Advertising Initiative websites. Please note that if you choose to opt out, you will continue to see ads, but they will not be based on your online activity. We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can also opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the NAI on its website.
5. Information You Share with Third Parties
6. De-Identified Data
We may create and use de-identified information, in which information is removed from your Personal Data so that you cannot be identified (“De-identified Data”), without restriction.
7. Your Rights Regarding Deletion of Your Information
8. Data Security
We implement reasonable measures designed to secure your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure and from accidental loss, including by employing encryption technology for information sent and received by us.
Nonetheless, no transmission of information over the internet can be completely secure. As a result, while we do our best to try to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us.
9. Location-Enabled Features
10. Email Marketing
Every marketing email from Quilted Health will include an “unsubscribe” link. You can remove yourself from an email notification by clicking on the unsubscribe link contained in the footer of each email. The unsubscribe function at the bottom of a specific email is designed to only remove you from that particular email list, not all Quilted Health communications. Please allow 48 hours to be removed from a list.
12. Contact Information